Herrington’s – 2019 Mayor’s Honour Roll Recipient
The new year 2020 started off great for Herrington’s. On January 5th Brent Herrington was presented with a Certificate of Congratulations, as a 2019 Mayor’s Honour Roll Recipient for volunteer contributions and making a difference in our community over the last 20 years.
Some of the contribution highlights included:
- “For Goodness Steak” fundraiser for Port Perry Hospital Foundation with donations just under $15,000 over 2 years.
- Supporting many community activities:
- Blackstock Minor Hockey
- Port Perry Angels
- Amazing Race Port Perry
- many Port Perry Churches,
- House Tours
- Dinners, etc.
- For the past 15 years, donating the burgers for every participant for the Terry Fox Run.
- Winning the prestigious award of Ontario’s Finest Butcher to help put Port Perry on the map, and
- To now be competing on Team Canada at the 2020 World Butchers’ Challenge.
Brent would like to express his thanks to his family, and staff and wonderful customers for contributing to this achievement and for all the continued support as he continues to train and compete for Canada at the 2020 World Butchers’ Challenge.