World Butchers’ Challenge – Watch it Live!
The World Butchers’ Challenge 2022 is often referred to as the ‘Olympics of Meat’. It’s coming up very soon in Sacramento, California USA on September 2 – 3, 2022. Our very own Brent Herrington is a proud member of competing Team Canada.
The Main Event:
The competition itself is over 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Competing teams will get a side of beef, a side of pork, a whole lamb and five chickens.
- The competing teams must then transform the raw product into a themed display of value-added products.
- The competing teams may add their own seasonings, spices, marinades and garnish.
- The goal of the finished designed product is to inspire and push the boundaries, yet must also be cookable and be a product that would sell in a retail setting.
- Independent judges score each competing team based on
- product innovation
- workmanship, and
- overal finish and presentation.
We can’t all go to the Olympics, but we love to watch it live. You can watch The World Butchers’ Challenge 2022 live too. Cheer Team Canada on, from the comfort of your own home.
World Butchers’ Challenge Livestream
Watch: WBC 2022 Livestream
Livestream Time: Sept 3rd at 1:20 p.m.
Go Brent and go Team Canada!