ArchiveLeave a Comment
Christmas is nearly here!
Please note when you stop in to pick up your turkey and ham and other orders, please note our hours.
- Saturday December 24th: 9am – noon for Order Pick-Ups ONLY! (counters will not be filled)
- CLOSED December 25, 26, 27, 28
- Re-OPEN Thursday December 29: 9am – 6pm
- OPEN Friday December 30: 9am – 6pm
- OPEN Saturday December 31: 9am – noon
- CLOSED Jan 1, 2, 3
We have everything you will need for the holidays including:
- last minute Gift cards, always the right size and colour
- your Christmas order
- spiced stuffing bread cubes
- cheeses and
- and more!
During this busy holiday season we will not be filling any Freezer Pack Orders until the New Year!Leave a Comment
Thanksgiving is on October 10th, 2022 so it’s time for Thanksgiving orders. Order your Turkey, Ham, Prime Rib, Lamb, or custom order today!
We have everything you will need for Thanksgiving including:
- spiced stuffing bread cubes
- and more!
Pick up dates are:
- Thursday October 6th — 9am – 6pm
- Friday October 7th — 9am – 6pm
- Saturday October 8th — 9am – 5 pm
Thanksgiving 2022 Weekend Hours:
When you stop in to pick up your turkey and ham and other orders, please note our hours:
- CLOSED Sunday October 9th
- CLOSED Monday October 10th for Thanksgiving
- CLOSED Tuesday October 11th ….. to recover!
We have much to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!Leave a Comment
The World Butchers’ Challenge (WBC) was held on September 2-3, 2022 in Sacramento, California.
What an amazing event and what a great experience for Brent, Team Canada and all the competitors.
Many thanks to everyone who has supported Brent and Team Canada. Competing at this event could never have been achieved without your support, as well as and especially, the support and help of Jacqueline Herrington and all the staff at Herrington’s.The Herrington’s Team and customers helped to make this possible.
If you missed it, you can still watch the video of the World Butchers’ Challenge 2022 which was livestreamed on Sept 3rd.
Congrats to the winning teams:
Champions – Germany – The Butcher Wolfpack Team
2nd Place – Australia – The Makani Butcher Team
3rd Place – New Zealand – Hellers Sharp Blacks
These winning teams are rich in butchering heritage and were very well represented.
See complete World Butchers’ Challenge Results
Team Canada is a young and growing team of qualified butchers. Team Canada and certainly all competitors, gained so much knowledge from this lifetime experience and major accomplishment, to compete at this world level event.
Congrats to all competitors.Leave a Comment
The World Butchers’ Challenge 2022 is often referred to as the ‘Olympics of Meat’. It’s coming up very soon in Sacramento, California USA on September 2 – 3, 2022. Our very own Brent Herrington is a proud member of competing Team Canada.
The Main Event:
The competition itself is over 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Competing teams will get a side of beef, a side of pork, a whole lamb and five chickens.
- The competing teams must then transform the raw product into a themed display of value-added products.
- The competing teams may add their own seasonings, spices, marinades and garnish.
- The goal of the finished designed product is to inspire and push the boundaries, yet must also be cookable and be a product that would sell in a retail setting.
- Independent judges score each competing team based on
- product innovation
- workmanship, and
- overal finish and presentation.
We can’t all go to the Olympics, but we love to watch it live. You can watch The World Butchers’ Challenge 2022 live too. Cheer Team Canada on, from the comfort of your own home.
World Butchers’ Challenge Livestream
Watch: WBC 2022 Livestream
Livestream Time: Sept 3rd at 1:20 p.m.
Go Brent and go Team Canada!Leave a Comment
We are unable to take any more phone or email orders at this busy time. Walk in orders are welcome!
We still have about 25 turkeys left (17-19 lbs), so come in and get them while they last.
We still have lots of product for any other special easter dinner entrees that you may choose to serve, including Ham, Lamb, Prime Rib. etc.
Please also note our Easter Hours:
- Good Friday April 15th: CLOSED
- Open Saturday April 16th: 9am – 5pm (regular hours)
- Easter Sunday April 17th
- Easter Monday April 18th
- Tuesday April 19th
Announcing the Winners of the Raffle for Six Custom Meat Packages
As part of the training and preparedness for the 2022 World Butchers’ Challenge, Team Canada custom cut six packages of meat including Beef, Pork, Lamb and Chicken.The six meat packages, each worth $1500 were raffled off as a fundraiser for Team Canada with only 900 tickets sold.
The draw was held Wednesday October 27th, 2021 and the very happy winners of the meat packages have been contacted.
Each winner’s package will be delivered to the store where the winning ticket was sold and we are thrilled to have a winner from Herrington’s Quality Butchers.
And the Winners Are:
- Kevin Hervieux – Halenda’s Bowmanville
- William Sisnoff – Halenda’s King Street Oshawa
- Donna Harris – Herrington’s Quality Butchers
- Steve McGary – Halenda’s King Street Oshawa
- Don Laita – Halenda’s Whitby
- CBS – J & G Meats
Congratulations to all the winners and many many thanks to everyone for your support.Leave a Comment
Thank you to everyone who purchased raffle ticket in support of Team Canada at World Butchers’ Challenge (WBC) 2022 and sincere apologies to those that tried to purchase or wanted to purchase but we are SOLD OUT!
We are overwhelmed and so appreciative of your support.
Many thanks again and good luck to all!Leave a Comment
Buy your Raffle Tickets in support of Team Canada at World Butchers’ Challenge (WBC) 2022
While they last!!!
As part of the training and preparedness for the 2022 World Butchers’ Challenge, Team Canada will be practicing and that practice means custom cutting meat. That meat, including Beef, Pork, Lamb and Chicken will not be wasted and so it will be raffled off as a perfectly delicious fundraiser for Team Canada.
- You could win 1 of 6 custom cut by Team Canada meat packages that will be raffled off. Each meat package is valued at $1500!!!
- Tickets are $10 each or 3 for $25 and all proceeds support Team Canada for the WBC! What an easy, fun and appetizing way to support Team Canada Butchers.
- Draw date is Wednesday October 27th, 2021 and only 900 tickets will be sold.
Get them while you can at Herrington’s and good luck!
Leave a Comment
We’re excited to announce that the World Butchers’ Challenge (WBC) is back on and Team Canada is ready! This is a great signal of the world slowly re-opening.
The WBC will be held on September, 2-3, 2022 in Sacramento, California, USA.
The funds previously raised will still be dedicated to this event now rescheduled to 2022. We will resume fundraising again in the next while and our Canada Team will proudly represent and present. We are delighted that our very own Brent Herrington will be part of the team representing Canada. Let’s go!
Leave a Comment
Similar to many other large scale events this year, due to the pandemic a decision was made to postpone the 2020 World Butchers’ Challenge to August 13-14, 2021.
It has been a year unlike any others for all of us. I appreciate all the support that I have received for this lifetime opportunity and achievement. Please rest assured the funds will still be dedicated to this event in 2021 and we will resume fundraising again in the next while and our Canada Team will proudly represent and present.
At this time we understand that all of us are navigating our businesses, work and sending our kids to school in these changing times. We will get through this together. Onward!